Organized in 1991
In response to Government’s clamor for the private sector to assume a more proactive role in industrial development.
Member-estates in the Cavite-Laguna-Batangas-Rizal-Quezon (CALABARZON) area was the main reason for the region’s industrialization
Set new standards and parameters of industrial development for other parts of the country
Today, PHILEA has 12 member-companies representing 20 major industrial estates (IEs) all over the country.
To be the leading association of major ecozone developers, that promote the development and objectives of ecozones in the Philippines, while maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism, in an environment of cooperative competition
- To promote cooperation among members in advancing industry’s contribution to nation building. Evaluation of alignment with parallel association in other ASEAN countries;
- To support and participate in programs that promote the Philippines as an investment destination. Participate in BOI and PEZA trade missions. To assist in investment promotions through cooperation with other relevant government agencies;
- To provide members with information, trends, technology, and issues pertinent to the industry (e.g. land use plan, rationalization of fiscal incentives, power outlook, etc.)
- To conduct research and studies that can help promote the competitiveness of the industry. Conduct surveys, gather and disseminate information that are relevant to the association members. (e.g. benchmark of competitive index with other countries)
- To expand the membership base to include ecozones and other related industries (e.g. Industrial parks, BPO, eco-tourism projects, medical ecozones)
- To foster cooperation among members while applying the shared values as stated below:
- N-ation building
- I-ndustrial peace
- C-ommunity relations
- E-nvironment protection
- R-esponsible development
- President – Felix Francisco Zaldarriaga
- Vice President – Charity Marohombsar
- Secretary – Atty. Basilio Almazan Jr.
- Treasurer – Ma. Lourdes Herrera
- Executive Director – Arnulfo Canaria